2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Need Wheel Spacers ASAP

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 10:08 PM
hanleysh
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldn't put anything on that's not hubcentric, I think I saw 1" hubcentric spacers on ebay for like 100$ check it out...oh and I'm running 35s on my truck with no spacers, they rub but not horibly

Old 03-04-2012, 12:05 AM
Brian_
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Xxaler
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Wheels-Spacer...item35a16e38b5

They're not hubcentric, but they'll do the job. Unless you're consistently hitting 160mph+ or beating your truck like you don't need it, they'll do the trick.
thats what i was looking into, but im afraid that my studs might be 2 long and ill have to grind them down.

and what is hubcentric vs non hubcentric?

Old 03-04-2012, 11:18 AM
hanleysh
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hubcentric spacers are built to match the center of ur wheel and keep your wheel perfectly centered with the hub. They're essentially built identical to ur hub. Non hubcentric spacers can off center wheels, affect ride quality, and cause excessive tire wear. Not saying they will create any problems, but there's def that possibility

Old 03-04-2012, 03:01 PM
Xxaler
Professional

Originally Posted by hanleysh
Hubcentric spacers are built to match the center of ur wheel and keep your wheel perfectly centered with the hub. They're essentially built identical to ur hub. Non hubcentric spacers can off center wheels, affect ride quality, and cause excessive tire wear. Not saying they will create any problems, but there's def that possibility
Vehicles are only meant to be run with factory size tire and rim combos or they can affect ride quality, change the vehicles center of gravity, and cause excessive component wear.

Does that stop us from doing it?

They're lug centric, as long as they're the right bolt pattern you'll have a hard time getting them off center. They literally just space, won't change anything in terms of ride quality or tire wear.

Anything bigger than 1" spacer means you won't have to cut. 1.5-2" are good spacers, and they're easy as **** to install.

Old 03-04-2012, 10:52 PM
Brian_
Captain

hopefully with 1 inch adapter, i wont have to cut.

Would these be hubcentric? i really dont want excessive wear, since these things costed me 850 mounted and aligned.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wheel-Billet...5516%26ps%3D54

Old 03-05-2012, 08:18 AM
DakMan6704
Captain

I will see if I can track down this guy in Cali. We bought true spacers, milled from billet Aluminum. They are bolt on for the bolt patterns you specify.

Anyway, I seriously would consider what is going to happen when you space your wheel out. Nothing will change until you put your suspension through its motion, under turning conditions.

I was just out your way this weekend ironically...If i track the manufacturer down, I will try to post it. He might be more than ebay prices, but I def would vouch for his quality over some unknown vendor.

found it... damning name..but yea... http://mywheeladapters.com/

Last edited by DakMan6704; 03-05-2012 at 09:23 AM.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:56 PM
Brian_
Captain

Originally Posted by DakMan6704
I seriously would consider what is going to happen when you space your wheel out. Nothing will change until you put your suspension through its motion, under turning conditions.
What do you mean by that? im not planning any hardcore offroading expeditions just dont want them to rub then again i dont want any issues fu
rther down the road

Old 03-05-2012, 03:03 PM
DakMan6704
Captain

While you cranked your torsion bars, they still travel to full compression, unless you put larger bump stops on your frame to limit the travel of your lower A arm. So, tire still can go into your wheel well the same distance. That being said, when you turn, the outside edge of your tire, even on stock tires, comes close to your front bumper. With a larger offset, i.e. spacer installed, you will increase the radius, and cause a bigger rub. This will be limited to a single situation, that being conpressed suspension in a turn, probably over say 60% turning.
Just my observations from putting the biggest tires on my truck...

Old 03-05-2012, 10:43 PM
Brian_
Captain

hmm that is something to consider, but i cant get my suspention to compress all the way as it is. its acutally pretty stiff, i can only probably compress it a couple of inches. and yes you are right i never did put bigger bump stops on.

other thing is to prevent me from taking tire off, how long are the wheel studs on our trucks? im thinking this 1inch wheel adaptor thing is my best bet, and hopefully i can pass inspection.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:52 AM
DakMan6704
Captain

I do not know. But, I am going to be checking out my front end, so I am most likely pulling a wheel. I can check tonight.

Quick Reply: Need Wheel Spacers ASAP