2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Paint! (Atlantic Blue fellas)

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 10:41 AM
sxrsil3nt
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Paint! (Atlantic Blue fellas)

Hey guys,

Since going through the winter I noticed that rust has started to form on all wheel wells and just below the side of the headlights (above bumper). I plan on sanding it all down and repainting it, but it seems that the Atlantic Blue is such a rare colour to find. I don't wanna go to the dealer unless I absolutely have to because they always charge an arm and a leg for it.

I'm Canadian and we don't have Autozone's here so thats out of the question. The nearest NAPA is about a 1-2 hour drive away but I hear mixed reviews about them.

Where has everyone gotten their paints from? I just used to go to Canadian Tire and buy the Duplicolor stuff for my Grand Prix and it turned out pretty good if I spent alot of time on it.

Thanks guys!

Old 03-19-2012, 02:49 PM
5hundo
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You, Sir, have great taste in color selection...

Unfortunately, its a harder color to find. I went to all of the parts stores in my area (Pep Boys, Auto Zone, O'Relly, Napa) and none of them had it. Finally had to "invest" in a 4oz rattle can from the dealer (which, even they had to order from the distributor).

Suggestion: if it's just on the inside of the wheel wells, maybe just do it in satin black. I don't think anyone would notice, unless they were really looking. The fender liner is the same color and everything else under there is black...

Old 03-19-2012, 05:03 PM
sxrsil3nt
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haha yeah I love the colour.

It is forming inside the wheel wells yes, but already in 2 spots it has start to edge out onto the top of the wheel wells and it one spot there is a paint chip which is rusting. I have my own paint gun so I'd rather just buy the canned stuff, no sense going with the spray but unfortunately will probably have to go to the dealer

I was researching more today and found that you can buy the Atlantic Blue code PBJ for a Dodge Neon on a website, I'm curious if it is the same as my Dakota though...

Old 03-19-2012, 06:18 PM
5hundo
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sxrsil3nt
Haha yeah I love the colour.

It is forming inside the wheel wells yes, but already in 2 spots it has start to edge out onto the top of the wheel wells and it one spot there is a paint chip which is rusting. I have my own paint gun so I'd rather just buy the canned stuff, no sense going with the spray but unfortunately will probably have to go to the dealer

I was researching more today and found that you can buy the Atlantic Blue code PBJ for a Dodge Neon on a website, I'm curious if it is the same as my Dakota though...
DuPont or PPG should have that color available commercially. I don't see how they couldn't...

I'd start there...

Old 03-20-2012, 12:04 AM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I got my piant mixed from a auto place that deals with ppg. I paid like 32 for a spray can of primer and mixed paint match to my color. Came out great. You can order it online in your color for about 20 bucks for a spray can or like 70 for quart(site varies)

Quick Reply: Paint! (Atlantic Blue fellas)