2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Clutch fan to electric fan conversion question

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 11:55 AM
jondakotaguy
Record Breaker
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I bet it will be fine; the stock fan clutch is **** poor esp. at idle and that's the place we need the increased air flow.. that fan running full blast should be more than enough.. even with the stock fan clutch; with my truck as example with a 180 stat builds to about 195ish and hardly ever makes it to the 210 mark and when it was stock thermostat it would barley get to 210 on the gauge.. so I have faith the fan will work out fine.

Old 04-13-2012, 11:58 AM
jondakotaguy
Record Breaker
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I would give a peice of advise to everyone though. While your going to be upgrading and doing the work for the electric fans; its the best time so that you get the best results and rewards; go ahead and do a full system flush on your cooling system.. and dont forget to back flush your heater core as well.. its the perfect time to get it done and will ensure proper cooling and also take care of any pesky core cloggs that seem to happen alot on these trucks. I'm making it a point every year moving forward to flush my core to keep it unclogged and not get to a point where i cant flush it it and need to replace the core.. thats just looks like too much of a pain in the ****.

Quick Reply: Clutch fan to electric fan conversion question