2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Bought my first Dakota today. I think I got a great deal

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 12:28 PM
rwilhelms
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bought my first Dakota today. I think I got a great deal

So I finally got sick of getting 10mpg with my ram and decided to sell it right after christmas and have been lurking around the Dakota forum here while I've been on the hunt for one for sale locally. It has everything I wanted except for an extended cab. Its a 2000 with a 4.7l 5 speed manual 4wd And only 51,000 Original Miles!!! I think its in near mint condition for being a 12 year old truck it has minor nicks here and there but the pinch welds on the bottoms of the rockers don't even have rust on them. I'm very amazed and happy with the $5500 that I bought it for. I couldn't find anything for under $6500 with less the 100k and 4wd. The guy I bought it from said he had it on craigslist for a total of maybe an hour and a half. And just want to say thanks to everyone for posting all the great information on here and I'm looking forward to being around and learning everything I can about these trucks. One thing I really want to do is get different rims cause I hate the stock ones. Where is the best place to find affordable dakota rims cause they are hard to find with the goofy bolt pattern.

Old 04-12-2012, 12:56 PM
98DAKAZ
Champion
Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts
Thumbs up Wow that’s Blue !!!!

Wow that’s Blue !!!!

Never seen a metallic blue Dakota before I saw a Root beer colored one last week never saw that color before also this guy just got it that day for $6K it was an extended cab or club not sure what the official name is.

But it look nice I wanted it so bad it was a light Root beer color almost like a metallic tan.

I was so jealous

Old 04-12-2012, 02:16 PM
jondakotaguy
Record Breaker
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Put some nice big thinck A/T tires on it and the stock ones wont look so bad.. lol..

Old 04-12-2012, 05:57 PM
dirtbiker
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pretty nice deal there, especially with the 5 speed. If you're looking for the other style stock 15" or 16" rims, I've seen sets on craigslist (usually with tires) for a pretty decent price. I think the 16" stock rims would look good on there. Congrats on the new ride

Old 04-12-2012, 07:06 PM
macgollabhride
Professional

Looks great! Incredibly low miles and a 5-speed, I'm jealous.

I dunno man...I have those same wheels and I kinda like'em. They probably will look even better with some A/T's.
I'm running Definity Dakota A/T 30x9.50R15LT, I think they look pretty good IMO. Not a hi-end tire but they serve me very well.

Last edited by macgollabhride; 04-12-2012 at 07:58 PM.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:33 PM
rwilhelms
Veteran

Im gonna end up needing to buy new tires come fall this year so Ill probably make up my mind about the rims then. And id like to go with a taller tire then to but I dont want them hanging out of the wheel wells. Im guessing they must of changed the suspension on these trucks in 01 cause my instructor at school has one and his stock tire size is 265/70/16 and theres no way that will fit this truck

Old 04-12-2012, 08:01 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice truck! As far as rims just go with the dakota stock 15's. That way when you get tires they wont be as expensive. Plus you can find those rims everywere

Old 04-13-2012, 12:34 PM
sxrsil3nt
Record Breaker

Beautiful truck man and yes it sounds like you got a steal!

I agree with you about the rims though, I don't like those ones too much but thats just my opinion.

Nice colour!

Old 04-13-2012, 03:29 PM
rwilhelms
Veteran

I found a set of 5 black cragar soft 8s on craigslist for $125 I really want them but i wont have time to go get them till next weekend so I have my fingers crossed that theyre still available then. Im thinking those rims with chrome center caps would look pretty good.

Old 04-14-2012, 12:09 AM
Earlrabbit
Rookie

When I bought the rims for my truck I found them at Les Schwab. I went with 16"ers and I'm pretty sure they were Enkei. Tire Rack shows some on their web site.

Quick Reply: Bought my first Dakota today. I think I got a great deal