2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

give ya boy some help

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 07:58 PM
dakotaguy1994
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default give ya boy some help

well heres my problem got a 99 dakota 3.9 slt 90 k

the other day my trans got stuck in 3rd gear , so i took it to trans shop and they said the computer was fried, so they fixed it and on the reciept it was the pcm, so im guessing power controll module took a duece, so thats fine now all fixed.

well when i picked up the truck the abs light and brake light was on the dash.? why would that be.

im going to bring it back tomorow, but does any1 have any suggestions why it would light up .

Old 04-15-2012, 10:24 PM
sxrsil3nt
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe forgot to plug the ABS sensor back when they removed the whole wheel/brake/axle assembly.

Brake hard and see if your ABS kicks in.

Old 04-15-2012, 10:58 PM
dakotaguy1994
Rookie

Originally Posted by sxrsil3nt
Maybe forgot to plug the ABS sensor back when they removed the whole wheel/brake/axle assembly.

Brake hard and see if your ABS kicks in.

i shall

Old 04-16-2012, 02:56 PM
jondakotaguy
Record Breaker
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

There is also a speed control sensor on the tail of the tranny.. ive heard if that goes out.. no Go go..

Old 04-16-2012, 03:18 PM
McNasy
Veteran

did i miss something on the first post? what does replacing the pcm have to do with wheels and brakes? did they remove all of that to figure out the problem? a tranny shop looking at an abs issue?

Old 04-16-2012, 04:21 PM
rottenkid

First, make sure your brake fluid is not low.

Old 04-16-2012, 04:45 PM
jondakotaguy
Record Breaker
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

maybee the shop is doing the epic mass replacement of parts hoping something will fix it? IDK.. gotta watch these places sometimes. they will replace something really simply and charge you for something you dont need.. just to make extra money.. some places have even been known to break stuff to keep you coming back in.

Old 04-16-2012, 05:29 PM
sxrsil3nt
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by McNasy
did i miss something on the first post? what does replacing the pcm have to do with wheels and brakes? did they remove all of that to figure out the problem? a tranny shop looking at an abs issue?
You should know that shops suck out all the labour they can get lol, not to mention getting all of that outta the way is easier.

Old 04-16-2012, 06:01 PM
McNasy
Veteran

Originally Posted by sxrsil3nt
You should know that shops suck out all the labour they can get lol, not to mention getting all of that outta the way is easier.
WHAT? we must be all on differant topic here. what does getting the brakes out of the way have to do with diagnosing the tranny and replacing the pcm. maybe im drunk, but i dont see a connection with any of this and his tranny to brake issue. the speed senser on the trans and rear diff may play a role, but thats about it. the shop screwed somthing up.

Old 04-16-2012, 06:31 PM
sxrsil3nt
Record Breaker

I'm saying that they probably removed the axles for more room to work with and in doing so you need to take off the hub/brakes. He said he was having a tranny issue so they probably were lookin at everything there too.

Maybe they didn't, maybe they did. Whatever they can do to bump the labour up - it's just an idea lmao.

Quick Reply: give ya boy some help