2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Anyone double din there kota yet?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 11:15 AM
DaDodgeKota
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Anyone double din there kota yet?

So I was looking just outta wonder whether or not anyone double dinned there stereos yet. I'd like to sink in a touch screen rather then my flip up. I think the installs for those look so much cleaner.

So if anyone has any pics install or anything like that just drop a comment and let me know whats up. Thanks!

Old 04-25-2012, 07:23 PM
macgollabhride
Professional

Originally Posted by DaDodgeKota
So I was looking just outta wonder whether or not anyone double dinned there stereos yet. I'd like to sink in a touch screen rather then my flip up. I think the installs for those look so much cleaner.

So if anyone has any pics install or anything like that just drop a comment and let me know whats up. Thanks!
There's not a whole lotta room for expanding to a double DIN - at best you'd be just squeezing it in there. I seriously doubt I could get on in my 98:

If you get one in yours, I wanna see it! :-)

Old 04-25-2012, 11:01 PM
DaDodgeKota

I can take it to a custom audio guys near me who charge by the hour and if you can get smaller vents to fit in you can do it. Idk why dodge didnt just do like half inch smaller vents, then you could do a double din mount.

Old 04-26-2012, 07:46 PM
hanleysh
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There's a post on here somewhere, a guy went all out, moved his hvac conrols to the floor, built a custom center console with a hard drive in it, do a search it'll prob come up. This was in a dak with the newer interior

Old 04-26-2012, 10:58 PM
McNasy
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

on my 04 durango i moved my climate controls to the headliner where the light was, and mounted a 13inch touch screen pc in the dash. you can make anything fit for a price!

Quick Reply: Anyone double din there kota yet?