2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Exhaust answers!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 04:11 PM
Sit_down_Ford!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust answers!

Update: Video finally posted below!

I have seen hundreds of posts on here from people wanting a good, deep, throaty truck sound from their V6 and i dare say that after many years and dollars spent i have finally found something that has made me happy. I have had a short ram air intake and a thunderbolt high flow cat on for a while and i have switched mufflers and tail pipe location to try and get the best possible sound. Save your money and don't buy a flowmaster, magnaflow, thrush, dynomax, or any other name brand because i have tried them all and never been satisfied. I put on a flowmaster 10 series knock off ($30) on my 2003 3.9L V6 and before it has even been broken in i sat it next to my buddy's 5.9L Vortec V8 silverado with flowmaster 40's and my truck sounded better! Deeper, louder, and throatier. The only thing i noticed was at about 3500 RPMs mine started to get a little ricey, but that will probably go away after a few hundred miles. I will post a video or a sound clip on this thread soon. 3 inch in dual 2.5's out with 3' tips. I promise you will be happy with your results!

Last edited by Sit_down_Ford!; 06-14-2012 at 07:28 PM. Reason: added video to thread
Old 05-05-2012, 08:28 PM
sxrsil3nt
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking forward to hearing this thing! I've been thinkin about doing a bit of exhaust work on my 3.9 too.

Old 05-05-2012, 08:56 PM
dirtbiker
Captain

I wanna hear this thing too... I've been all over the place with my exhaust from cherry bomb to magnaflow free flow to straight pipe and now basically stock lol.

Old 06-14-2012, 07:00 PM
Sit_down_Ford!
Default Took a while. Whoops

Sorry this has taken so long y'all, my computer crapped out last month before i could put it on and i've been swamped planning a wedding and working but i finally got a video of it and it sounds good as ever.

Old 06-14-2012, 08:12 PM
moparnick

Nice haha now post some off roadin vids!

Old 06-14-2012, 08:41 PM
Sit_down_Ford!

haha i got 'er stuck in some mud on saturday night, my buddy had to get his winch goin on his big old 4x4 titan to get me out. my tires are so worn out that i'm not getting any traction off road anymore, I'm looking at getting some retreaded tires, they are a hell of alot cheaper and i've heard they are pretty good tires. But next time we get rain down here i'll get a video slingin some mud.

Old 06-14-2012, 10:01 PM
ahsnowlover
Veteran

I have the flowmaster 40 series with no cat on my v-6 and it sounds dang good to me, it has a nice idle and sounds real nice when I get on it

Old 06-15-2012, 07:36 AM
sxrsil3nt
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, I must say I am surprised at how well that sounds. Is this with your new intake and cat or just the muffler?

Very nice!

Old 06-16-2012, 01:57 AM
Sit_down_Ford!

this was taken with the intake and cats installed. I actually have the dakota stripped down right now because i am having to do a little bit of a rebuild on the transmission and put in some new gears. It started slipping a little yesterday so i'm trying to get that all taken care of before it leads to bigger problems

Quick Reply: Exhaust answers!