2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

98 Dakota enhancement questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 10:11 PM
TexasNative
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 98 Dakota enhancement questions

ok guys I just replaced my clutch fan and i had te remove my shroud. That bein said you DO NOT HAVE TO REMOVE THE FAN TO PUT IN A NEW SHROUD!!!!!!!!! Also if u want more power(who doesent) follow my mods and u should be happier with your POWER.

Old 08-29-2005, 12:03 PM
yellowjacket99
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I guess it depends on if they changed the fan setup. TexasNative, yours is a 2000. Mine is a 99, and Johnnie's is a 98. I had to change my water pump awhile back and spent way too much time trying to take the shroud off without taking the fan off. I absolutely could not do it, reason being is that the fan is inside of the shroud and the shroud is solid all the way around. It's not a partial shroud that only covers the top of the fan, it encloses it all the way around. The only way I could get it off was to remove the entire water pump with the fan attached because I didn't get the fan removal tool before I started taking stuff apart. So maybe yours is a different setup?

Old 08-29-2005, 08:55 PM
TexasNative
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok yellow, maybe but I dont think so, I really dont think the setup is all that diff for the 3 years. Anyways on mine all im sayin is that I used my haynes manual in conjunction with lookin at the setup and was able to remove my old one without removin my fan. Anyways good luck.

Quick Reply: 98 Dakota enhancement questions