2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

HELP!!!!!6,000 lb PAPER WEIGHT

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 06:27 AM
Lebbie54
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!!!!6,000 lb PAPER WEIGHT

So let me start at the beging, saturday I installed new sway bar link to the lower control arms, originals were broken off at the sway bar. Accidently left the door open and the battery drained until late sunday afternoon when I went to start it and the battery was dead. So I charged the battery and came back to start it and started fine. But the new problem was that the truck was running really fast at idle. 2000 rpms +. So I shut her down and looked at my manuals. Said check IAC, so I diconnected the battery to pull it out and I did. As I put everything back together and went to start it again nothing happened. No cranking not clicking of selnoids nothing. Now the dash lights and blinkers blink at me when ever the doors open hood opens. The radio works but nothing else in the thing works. What the hell happened?

Now just a little back ground the truck's fuel check valves are not working so fuel is draining back into the tank when it sits. Got this one figured out just gotta get the money to fix it. 2nd in 2007 the truck got reprogrammed from Dodge with a software update. Or so the sticker on the computer says. There is also this random module under the dash that is black has a switch running to it that Is clicking in time with the blinkers when you open the door. It is not a brake module since there is no hitch or plug ins for a trailer.

The blinkers/dash lights blink 30 times when door opens. In case that means something.

Old 06-11-2012, 05:39 PM
Tom A
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Lebbie54
There is also this random module under the dash that is black has a switch running to it that Is clicking in time with the blinkers when you open the door. It is not a brake module since there is no hitch or plug ins for a trailer.
Could this be some kind of alarm/ignition immobilizer installed by the previous owner?

Old 06-11-2012, 06:59 PM
Lebbie54
Professional

Crap I hope not. I bought it from a dealer when my other one wrecked, so I dont know who had it before me.

Old 06-11-2012, 07:47 PM
98DAKAZ
Champion
Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Alarm system I think

Thats my guess also alarm system maybe the stock one or aftermarket left in the truck from the last owner.

Old 06-11-2012, 09:53 PM
Kyguylal
Rookie

Same thing happened with. My old eclipse. It was an aftermarket alarm. I just ripped the fuses out. They were down in the alarm under the dash

Old 06-12-2012, 06:18 AM
Lebbie54
Professional

I needed it back soon so I dropped it off at a shop. You guys are right they found an after market alarm on it I didn't know about.

Quick Reply: HELP!!!!!6,000 lb PAPER WEIGHT