2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

another rant!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 07:37 PM
McNasy
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default another rant!!

im old, but not that old. im just wondering why we, the folks on this forum, have to read alot of these posts 2 or 3 times. for me its the lack of correct grammer, spelling and punctuation. <---i am sure i spelled that wrong, but i am close. This is a forum, not your buddy texting you. please use some form of the english language that we can all read. lets pretend we are talking to our 80 year old grandparents. spell it out and use punctuations. this country is going to crap, but our education doesnt have to!!! if my 10 year old wrote like some of these posts, i would hold her back a grade. just saying. sorry for the rant.

Old 07-25-2012, 07:49 PM
bpark8824
Champion

You're talking about bad grammar? You failed to capitalize the first letter of a sentence 12 times and failed to capitalize "I" or "I'm" 5 times. Plus you didn't stay consistent. A few times it was "I am" and a few times "I'm". Also, alot is not a word, it's a lot. The E in English should be capitalized as well. You failed to use an apostrophe between the n and t in doesn't. You even spelled grammar incorrectly.

If you're going to write a post about spelling and grammar you may want to at least make it look like you're trying...

Plus my 80 year old grandparents text on their iPhones and use short hand phases all the time such as "lol" or "btw" or "love u 2". Granted my grandfather worked for IBM for 30 years so he is fairly tech savvy.

Last edited by bpark8824; 07-25-2012 at 07:54 PM.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:05 PM
McNasy
Veteran

isnt it great that you took the time to correct my mistakes but most cant spell at all all my mistakes are for a reason im sure every one gets my point its hard to read a post when it is all connected like this not sure when they are asking a question or making a statement but had to to do this it made me feel better just sayin ttyl rofl

Old 07-25-2012, 08:19 PM
98DAKAZ
Champion
Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts
Default I dont look at it that way

I don’t look at it that way I’m dyslexic and had very bad problems understanding English for years was set back two years still didn’t help me so I don’t care good bad English all that matters is someone wants help I try my best and don’t try to correct peoples English To me its rude to do so so I don’t.

If I remember I couldn’t even read till I was 7 or 8 my brain refused to do so it was funny I loved comic books but couldn’t read them but just by the pictures understood what was going on.

Last edited by 98DAKAZ; 07-25-2012 at 08:34 PM.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:28 PM
fhadso
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A lot of people on this forum actually spell correctly and use proper sentence structure. There are a few that don't and those who don't probably don't know what they're talking about, seeing as they can't even form a sentence. So don't bother. Also, don't stoop to their level.

Old 07-25-2012, 08:29 PM
bpark8824
Champion

Originally Posted by McNasy
isnt it great that you took the time to correct my mistakes but most cant spell at all all my mistakes are for a reason im sure every one gets my point its hard to read a post when it is all connected like this not sure when they are asking a question or making a statement but had to to do this it made me feel better just sayin ttyl rofl
I'm just saying if you're going to rant about spelling and grammar, maybe you ought to pay attention to your own spelling and grammar. You could have at least tried to do a better a job than that.

Old 07-25-2012, 08:31 PM
magnethead
Legend
Received 167 Likes on 153 Posts

I try to mentally put periods and question marks where I can see they belong in a stringy post I'm reading, but sometimes it's hard. I'm not a grammar ****, but is certainly helps when things are explained in proper english, and not shorthand.

98DAKAZ, I'm with you (kinda). I'm not fully dyslexic, but I am real bad about reading words backwards and transposing letters...it's worse when they're next to eachother on the keyboard...Y, T are the worse. I also tend to skip whole words...that 'when' I bolded? That was a 'then' when I typed it...I have to proofread anythign (AGAIN....) I type for that very reason. I have bad vision in one eye and worse in the other..I can look at something white and one eye sees white, other sees yellow.

Last edited by magnethead; 07-25-2012 at 08:39 PM.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:37 PM
98DAKAZ
Champion
Default Yes yes

I’m with ya magnethead I had to take special reading and other classes never bothered me someone tried make fun of me just got beat down and bloody

I try but just dont care that much now

IM blind in one eye now so!!!!

Last edited by 98DAKAZ; 07-25-2012 at 08:40 PM.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:45 PM
magnethead
Legend
Received 167 Likes on 153 Posts

I can take my glasses off, and literally not even read the keyboard..monitor is out of the question. That's when typo's go up, when I start typing by memory. Just recently I switched my desklamp bumb BULB for the third time. It started as a 35W halogen. It was good, but drank power off my UPS when power went out. went to a 60W CCFL, and it glared the dickens out of my screen. Was in fry's last week, saw a 35W BLACK CCFL for $5. I said why not.

Now I can see perfectly at night without lighting up the whole house, and it barely even shows up on my UPS usage.No more glare on the monitor, either. Yea, everything neon or white in my room glows, but that's actually what makes it easy to see. Same visibility as the 35W halogen, just a little more one-extreme-to-the-other contrast (everything is either glowing or not).

Old 07-25-2012, 08:52 PM
98DAKAZ
Champion
Default I cheat

I cheat and use a 30'' monitor and on the other comp a 37'' HDTV

Im am so blind the Doc's keep saying I will not go blind but I know I will its just when.

Quick Reply: another rant!!