2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Water in cab - carpet soaked

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 08:12 PM
Godspeed
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water in cab - carpet soaked

Hey, I just found this forum (not new to car forums in general) in hope to find help for my dad's 2002 Dakota...this is my first post.

The carpet, primarily on the passenger side, is absolutely soaked from rain water (or maybe condensation from the A/C system) and we don't know the source of the leak. Is this a common issue for which you can provide direct instructions to fix? Otherwise, any ideas? We're going to take the seats and carpet out next weekend and then run the garden hose over the vehicle, but if anyone can lead me in the right direction for the source of the leak, that would be great!

Old 08-28-2005, 09:20 PM
HemiMan4451
Champion
Default RE: Water in cab - carpet soaked

sorry i cant be any help. dude that sucks

Old 08-28-2005, 10:48 PM
LostSoul
Rookie

If the Vehicle is not overheating (ie) Heater core is FAWKED! You should have it pressure washed around all the seams. we put a new windshield in an 02 Durango we rebuit and it leaked in heavy rain and in those touchless car washes. More than likely it is the seal, if not cheack that the drain holes in the cowl are not plugged with leaves etc, that can cause water to come in through the Blower motor fresh air intake. have a look at those or give more detail and I will see what I can do.

Old 08-29-2005, 11:25 AM
Godspeed

Thanks. I was thinking this could be the problem. Is the cowl difficult to remove? ...I haven't taken a look myself yet.

...if not cheack that the drain holes in the cowl are not plugged with leaves etc, that can cause water to come in through the Blower motor fresh air intake. have a look at those or give more detail and I will see what I can do.

Old 08-29-2005, 12:23 PM
LostSoul
Rookie

Not hard at all, if the wipers come off nicely, then you are golden, if not you may need a little propane torch to heat them up.

Quick Reply: Water in cab - carpet soaked