2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

straight pipe?????

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 11:48 AM
jondakotaguy
Record Breaker
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 98DAKAZ
Your thread?

If you say so everyone has an opinion I don’t see anything wrong in my post chin up you get to fussy take a smoke break relax.

Seeing as you only show 3 posts that’s an amazing statement so I have interrupted you two times ????

Touch touch touchy
Don't feed the troll..

Old 09-06-2012, 04:18 PM
chris_r/t
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jondakotaguy
So what motor are you running? Truck details.. 5.2 and 5.9L have plenum problems that can lead to crapped out CAT's..

Did you have any recent no fire conditions or anything? Other than your 02 sensors what have you done to determine the CAT is bad?

I mean Magnaflow and other so called "High Flow Cats" -actually just thinner ceramic plates... can cause 02 to register non-functioning CAT and non-fouler trick is needed sometimes*

I would get it checked out to see if it's actually bad or not. they can do pressure test before and after the cat or they can check the temps the front side would be hotter if it was plugged.

As well as some of the other outlined things to check as stated prior.
is a 5.9 r/t . da reason I think is my cat again because I hear a little rattle sometimes but I really don't kno Wat to do . a friend told me to straight pipe it n da only thing that'll do is throw a check engine light on but I don't knp if it would be ok or just better to replace the cat

Posted from Dodgeforum.com App for Android

Old 09-06-2012, 10:18 PM
ahsnowlover
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had mine straight piped for a few months till I moved to where they did emissions so I had to put a cat back in. I did the non-fowler trick to the rear o2 sensor and I never had a check engine light for it. If you don't have emissions I would just straight pipe it.

Quick Reply: straight pipe?????