2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

99 Dakota - Defrost Actuator

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 09:11 PM
Dakota_Canada
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 Dakota - Defrost Actuator

Hi,

New to the forum. I did a forum search but didn't find exactly what I am looking for.

My problem is occasionally my defrost-vent actuator does not work properly. I have been poking around and here is what I found.

Under the dash (beside the accelerator pedal) the defrost actuator is physically loose. You can rattle the actuator can around. I don't think it is supposed to be like that (but I could be wrong). Can anyone confirm?

You can feel it shift around when you change the selector position. My thought is that the actuator is working but the travel is hampered by the whole actuator moving away and not pushing the rod enough.

If it is supposed to be bolted tight can I do that without removing the whole dash/instrument panel? Or am I screwed? I can't see any bolts.

Thanks.

Old 11-01-2012, 03:21 AM
cummingetit
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine is loose as well however my def works just fine. I also thought this was a problem but I'm not so sure now. Weird if they were designed to be floppy like that

Posted from Dodgeforum.com App for Android

Quick Reply: 99 Dakota - Defrost Actuator