2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Mode Door Actuator and linkage issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 07:48 PM
00DakDan
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by 98DAKAZ
The 2005 FSM I think is the one that will be the closest to what he has but it’s complicated stuff only 00DakDan can figure the electronics out on it the door is in question if any Pic is available
I'd like to help but...
I'm not familiar with the 2003 HVAC system and while I can read a schematic, my understanding is that a DRB is needed to calibrate the doors with the control head.

Old 12-15-2012, 08:23 PM
98DAKAZ
Champion
Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts
Unhappy

Wow those are complicated systems you need a special tool scanner? I was looking at the 2005 manual and it blew my mind how complicated that system is and the 2005 can’t be that different I would think. I feel better about my old vacuum system now very simple.

I noticed from about 2002 on up the PCM and associated computers and moduals have control over everything in the auto

Last edited by 98DAKAZ; 12-15-2012 at 08:45 PM.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:08 PM
RobDakota03
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, I am really glad I joined this forum. This is my second Dakota. First one was a 99, 3.9, 2WD ext cab. 5 Spd manual. (I won't own an automatic if I can help it)

It was taken off the road by a very very stupid white tail deer.

I am overwhelmed and grateful for all your contributions to help me out. I do have much improved air to my windshield now. But my middle "in your face" vents now don't come on. I think I have the actuator disk misaligned with one of the levers. That's okay for now. I'll fix it before it gets really hot here.

Having taken the entire linkage apart from actuator to door and back together again (albeit slightly incorrectly) I at least now know what I'm dealing with. I'd love to replace all the moving parts in that linkage with metal replicas.. but that would require a good deal of mcgyvering on my part.

Thanks to all of you who've posted your efforts to help. I truly do appreciate it.

Quick Reply: Mode Door Actuator and linkage issues