2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Kicker KS60's Stolen

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 08:45 PM
01SilverCC
Record Breaker
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Wow, glad to know it worked out like that. Why was UPS unable to tell you where they had delivered the speakers? Seems to me their tracking system and GPS technology would eliminate errors like that. It was very good of the woman to track you down and return the package. A lot of people nowadays would have just kept it and/or sold the speakers on Craigs List or Ebay.

Enjoy the KS60's, they are one of the very best 6 1/2" speakers I have ever heard, and I have heard quite a few..I am using two pairs of KS60's in my truck with an old Kicker KX350.4 amp and the sound is incredible. The highs are clear as a bell and they have great midrange and bass response too. I hope you get good sound from your KS60's.

Jimmy

Old 01-08-2013, 09:09 PM
98DAKAZ
Champion
Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Thats great

I used to be a high fi auto nut but after I had two very expensive systems ripped out of my previous truck I gave up an now own a cheap but not bad $100 pioneer that plays MP3 CD's and that is all I use it for. In my day I owned some top units with amazing sound my best unit was the last one ripped off and it was done as I was home with the front door open they wanted it so bad that blew me away talk about bold thief’s.

Old 01-08-2013, 10:44 PM
sxrsil3nt
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am very happy she decided to return it to me. I was comparing some of the other things I have had shipped to my house and by looking at the shipping info, Crutchfield included my phone number on the outside of the box.

No other place in which I've had parts and other stuff delivered (eBay, Newegg, Rock Auto) put my phone number on the box. That's how the lady got a hold of me I assume.

Very nice woman.

And thanks Jimmy! I've heard great things about them too.

And I completely agree, UPS told me that it was delivered to my address, when in reality it wasn't. You would think they would have some sort of safeguard to prevent stuff like that - I mean how do you screw up a streetname? Most common cases are house numbers (ie: your neighbour gets your package).

Thank god this woman lived only about 20 mins away.

Oh and dodgeramguy, not trying to bash you in anyway since you work for UPS, but I'm just frustrated they made that big of a mistake.

Thanks guys!

Old 01-08-2013, 11:23 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sxrsil3nt
I am very happy she decided to return it to me. I was comparing some of the other things I have had shipped to my house and by looking at the shipping info, Crutchfield included my phone number on the outside of the box.

No other place in which I've had parts and other stuff delivered (eBay, Newegg, Rock Auto) put my phone number on the box. That's how the lady got a hold of me I assume.

Very nice woman.

And thanks Jimmy! I've heard great things about them too.

And I completely agree, UPS told me that it was delivered to my address, when in reality it wasn't. You would think they would have some sort of safeguard to prevent stuff like that - I mean how do you screw up a streetname? Most common cases are house numbers (ie: your neighbour gets your package).

Thank god this woman lived only about 20 mins away.

Oh and dodgeramguy, not trying to bash you in anyway since you work for UPS, but I'm just frustrated they made that big of a mistake.

Thanks guys!
Im glad you got your package. The odd thing is our scanners are used with gps and can track a package within a few 100 feet of where it was scanned with not to meantion our trucks are tracked with gps too. Some drivers are just in a hurry or it could of been the fact of it was a temp driver that took over for a reg driver that is sick or on vacation. Who knows

Old 01-09-2013, 06:45 AM
magnethead
Legend
Received 168 Likes on 154 Posts

We had this happen a month or two back. We got a CORPORATE delivery, and that business got our package! Again, right number, wrong street!

Quick Reply: Kicker KS60's Stolen