2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Kicker KS60's Stolen

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 05:11 PM
sxrsil3nt
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Kicker KS60's Stolen

So this is just bit of rant for now, you've been forewarned.

So on New Year's Eve I ordered my Dakota some new speakers from Crutchfield. Decided on a pair of kicker KS60's.

Place my order yadda yadda yadda... Expected delivery for today.

Checked the status when I got home from work and bam! Says they are delivered at my front door at 3:27PM. Only half an hour before I got home but my girlfriend was home at the time and she said no one rang the bell or anything. I anxiously rush to the front and don't find anything. Checked behind our little tree on the front porch, in the mailbox... nothing.

It lightly snowed last night, and there isn't a single footprint on our walkway - we use our garage.

Not freaking out just yet - I walked over to 2 neighbours on my left, and 2 neighbours on my right. NOne of them have it.

So I call UPS and talked to this pretty cool guy, got all my info and told me to call Crutchfield but right at the end he says "Honestly man, I'm sorry this happened to you. Your next steps will be to contact the shipper and ask them to put a trace on it, but they have probably been stolen."

And since there isn't any footprints on my walkway AND the speakers were registered as "delivered" there really is only one person who could've stolen it. The UPS driver.

I read an article about UPS hiring alot of temps for the Christmas season and other articles about how alot of temps were stealing stuff. I also have a who works for Purolator (Canadian courier) and he says it takes a while to become a driver. Apparently they pay the drivers pretty well since its a job that a degree really isn't needed and is hard to come by, but also to provide incentive NOT to steal **** they can afford.

So now I have to wait 10-14 days for crutchfield to place a trace on the package and its probably stolen. I suspect the UPS driver.

Rant over.

Old 01-07-2013, 05:24 PM
01SilverCC
Record Breaker
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Man that sucks big time...UPS here will drop the boxes on my doorstep, knock once on the door and hoof it back to the truck. They don't even wait to see if anyone is at home to sign for the delivery, it still makes me mad even though I work at home during the day so I am here to retrieve the boxes right away.

If you used a credit card to pay for the speakers, call the credit card pronto and see if you have any recourse with them. Some cards and banks will issue a credit back to you in case of theft or if you never received the items you ordered.

Sorry to hear about this happening to you. I wish you Good Luck with getting it resolved.

Jimmy

Old 01-07-2013, 05:37 PM
sxrsil3nt
Record Breaker

UPS is the only courier that will leave it at the door.

Purolator and FedEx will leave a note saying come pick it up.

Regardless, I have a bad feeling that it was the driver that took it.

Im trying to argue to the fact that I didn't authorize the delivery, but UPS told me that the shipper didn't specify and special instructions.

It bothers me the most that there isn't any footprints AT ALL on my walkway, and it just snowed last night.

Old 01-07-2013, 05:57 PM
98DAKAZ
Champion
Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

I don’t think you will have any problems it may take longer than you want but you won’t lose anything... but time

The old quick knock on the door and run is so common with their drivers you are luck so don’t fret I had a package take two months to show up and it showed up crushed to hell I refused it the driver just didn’t understand why I wouldn’t take it this thing looked like it was ran over by a Tank.

The driver pleaded with me to take it I just laughed at him and said are you serious that thing is a mess I also canceled the order with the company and received a refund months before.

Idiot driver

Old 01-07-2013, 10:57 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Man that sucks. Here is what I can tell you for sure(for pa anyway). I work for ups, Yes we do hire seasonal helpers. Usually about 2nd week in nov is when they start and the end date is always dec 31's. It is VERY rare that any of the seasonal helpers work past that date. The other thing is we go through a training of where the best place to put a package. We are to never leave a package if it is to be signed for and no one answers. If you are near a busy road or sidewalk we are supposed to hid the package(weather it be behind a chair,pot,bush ect) if no place is available then its on to a side or back door if no place is available then we leave a note saying we were there and we will be back the next day. Fyi when we get caught stealing packages its a 10,000 fine, automatic loss of job and possibly even jail time. I always try to get a signature assigned to my packages when I order. That way I know for sure if it was dropped off or not.

Old 01-08-2013, 04:03 AM
magnethead
Legend
Received 168 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by dodgeramguy85
Man that sucks. Here is what I can tell you for sure(for pa anyway). I work for ups, Yes we do hire seasonal helpers. Usually about 2nd week in nov is when they start and the end date is always dec 31's. It is VERY rare that any of the seasonal helpers work past that date. The other thing is we go through a training of where the best place to put a package. We are to never leave a package if it is to be signed for and no one answers. If you are near a busy road or sidewalk we are supposed to hid the package(weather it be behind a chair,pot,bush ect) if no place is available then its on to a side or back door if no place is available then we leave a note saying we were there and we will be back the next day. Fyi when we get caught stealing packages its a 10,000 fine, automatic loss of job and possibly even jail time. I always try to get a signature assigned to my packages when I order. That way I know for sure if it was dropped off or not.
UPS here does the drop-and-run. They don't even hit the doorbell half the time. They don't hide them either, just leave it at the bottom of the door. dumb, really. But thats what surveillance cameras are for. DFW has had a rush of UPS/fedex/DHL thefts from people following the trucks. News had a lady that had a front door camera and caught people taking them right off her porch.

Old 01-08-2013, 04:24 PM
sxrsil3nt
Record Breaker

The no foot print at my door thing is what is pissing me off. Clearly there wasn't even an attempt made to deliver it, yet the driver marked it as delivered.

I'm going to argue it as best I can but honestly how far am I gonna get?

All I've heard is that im SOL.

Old 01-08-2013, 04:43 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The hidden package all depends if you are near a busy road or walk way, if not most will put package right at the door.

What did you pay with? Check to make sure you put your address in right. Ups might cover it but sometimes they wont. Only thing you can do is see if the shipper put insurance on it and keep complaining to ups.

Old 01-08-2013, 04:56 PM
sxrsil3nt
Record Breaker

I live in a quiet neighbourhood. I can't see anyone on my street stealing anything from me - we all kind of know eachother pretty well.

No one lives behind me as there is acres of forest behind me.

UPS told me that the shipper didn't put any kind of special instructions so they said I had to take it up with them. Like I said they are putting a trace on the package but that isn't gonna do anything.

When I go to the UPS tracking package page, it gives you a little "proof of delivery" and on it just says the time, tracking number, delivered from and on the delivered to section it just has my city. No address, no street, no postal code.

If this is how its supposed to be then this isn't proof of delivery at all.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:09 PM
sxrsil3nt
Record Breaker

There are some good people in this world.

Just got a call from a lady claiming that my package had been delivered to her. Just picked it up in perfect, unopened condition.

I feel much better, but I feel like blasting UPS for such a stupid mistake. Our house numbers were the same, but the address themselves were different.

Quick Reply: Kicker KS60's Stolen