2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Window crank retainer clip

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 01:51 PM
cbsaint
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window crank retainer clip

I recently installed an Autoloc power lock conversion & alarm system on my 04 SXT CC. Everything went fairly well. The problem is that I'm not sure how to get the retainer clips back on the window cranks. Is there a special tool or trick? It's just super tight in there, and they were a pain in the butt to get off in the first place.

While on the subject of Autoloc, has anyone used their power window conversion kit? I was wondering if the new control buttons could go right over the hole where the manual crank was. Is there enough clearance there? If that's the case (making for a very clean install), I may just go for power windows while I'm at it. Until I decide, the window cranks just sit in the door pocket until I need them.

Old 09-17-2005, 10:47 PM
kdh97602
Professional
Default RE: Window crank retainer clip

Their just really dificult to get back on, i change my front speakers often (because they are cheap with a good head unit) and it is allways a small swear fest. You know #%#$...!@#$...&*^*(...

Old 06-03-2006, 12:03 AM
AgentMe

I will probably never come to this website again but when I saw this post I just had to sign up for a login. I would hate to see people with above semi-intelligence levels be led on by someone who isn't smart enough to realize that, "YOU PUT THE CLIP ON BEFORE YOU ATTEMPT TO PUT THE WINDOW CRANK ON!!!" You'd be surprised how easily the window crank just snaps on. You would think that someone who is constantly changing the speakers would have figured that out.

Stupid people are frustrating [:@]

Old 06-03-2006, 03:40 AM
kikoy
Rookie

ORIGINAL: AgentMe

I will probably never come to this website again but when I saw this post I just had to sign up for a login. I would hate to see people with above semi-intelligence levels be led on by someone who isn't smart enough to realize that, "YOU PUT THE CLIP ON BEFORE YOU ATTEMPT TO PUT THE WINDOW CRANK ON!!!" You'd be surprised how easily the window crank just snaps on. You would think that someone who is constantly changing the speakers would have figured that out.

Stupid people are frustrating [:@]

am w/ him....but w/o the negative part of his post......

Old 06-10-2006, 10:43 AM
01dakota
Rookie

when getting the clips off all you need to do is get a rag or something and just slide it down behind the window crank. Hold the rag on both sides and and pull back and forth until the clip just comes off. You may need to do it on the bottom and if it doesn't come off then try one of the sides then the top and the other side. Once you find the top of the clip it will pull the clip right off without damaging anything. To put it back on just put the clip on the window crank into the two slots and then just push the window crank right onto the stud and it will lock on. 10 seconds to get it off and 10 seconds to get it back on.

I find ignorant ******** that call people names more frustrating than stupid people. Stupid or slow people just need a little guidence but, ignorant ******** need to be shot.

Old 06-13-2006, 04:50 AM
wiseguy

The rag trick is great if you dont have a window crank tool, but in my experience in my previous job doing leather interiors, the best thing for removing window crank retaining clips is a small poke or hook tool and pull on the U part of the clip. re-installation as stated earlier is just as easy as putting the retainer on first and sliding the crank back on.

Quick Reply: Window crank retainer clip