2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

*sigh* i have to sell it....

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 02:38 AM
MikeRT98
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *sigh* i have to sell it....

https://dodgeforum.com/m_484205/mpag.../tm.htm#484205

details are all there. i really hate to do this, but i dont have much of a choice.

Old 06-12-2006, 08:35 PM
dave0538
Rookie
Default RE: *sigh* i have to sell it....

Man that sucks sooooooooooooooooooo much. I am in the same situation....18 basically the same truck.....fell bad for you man. Maybe you'll win the lottery and be able to keep it.
Dave

Old 06-14-2006, 03:21 AM
wannadakota
Default RE: *sigh* i have to sell it....

You are doing the right thing, buddy. It is obvious that your college education is paying off. There will be another time in your life when you can buy the truck of your dreams again, don't worry. But use the truck money to pay off the credit cards first, as they have the higher interest rates. Then pay off the ramaining truck loan on a regular schedule. The banks won't tell you this, as they want you to keep paying the higher rate cards longer. But if you ask your folks, they will agree. Then give the cards to your parents to hold. Doing this will make you think twice about using them for purchases, since you will have to ask for them back each time. And don't think of this as running back to mommy and daddy, you have been doing that when you borrow money to pay the revolving credit. This is accepting responsibility, and asking for non-monetary assistance.

Then once the loan is paid off, buy some cheap and reliable transport. Keep it simple, so that you can do some of the work yourself. I know that you think that you must have a car, but I think that you will find you can survive without one until the debt problems are solved. Just be creative and look for rides with friends, slipping them a few bucks for gas. Or try the bus or a bicycle.

We've all been there. With me it was my second house. Too big, too expensive. The bank said I could afford it, but I grew to hate the place when all I could afford was sitting in it every night. If you keep the truck, you will learn to hate it, too. Good luck!

Quick Reply: *sigh* i have to sell it....