2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

radio issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 09:55 PM
Dakotaracehauler
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radio issue

I have tryed searching and came up with nothing becouse of the common words, I have a 99' Dakota and have the Chrysler AM FM cassette CD combo unit, I got it out of a simular vintage 2nd gen caravan at the local salvage yard last December and has worked great up until 2 weeks ago. The issue is it will just stop working like it has a voltage issue, the lights on the radio sometimes flash in what appears to be a timed sequince aswell until if truns off. Opening the door on either side appears to often set this off aswell. This issue appears to happen no matter what mode it is in or if the truck is being driven or parked with the engine off. Just prior this issue the RF speaker had a slight buzz that I temperally had fixed by fadeing it out, I also checked the plugs to make sure they were plugged in and that touching them did not fix the problem, the plugs looked good inside aswell. Turning the key to off and back to either on or acc will start up the radio again fully and then it will eventually die again, sometimes right away. Thanks for any replys on how to fix this or whats wrong.

Old 05-14-2013, 10:49 PM
01SilverCC
Record Breaker
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

It's a bad radio. It will eventually quit altogether. You can try disconnecting the negative battery cable for 10 minutes, see if it will reset the radio but usually when the lights blink like that the radio is on its last legs.

Jimmy

Quick Reply: radio issue