2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

I am lost...

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 05:51 PM
RollerRed
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok so got it all figured out here...
After fighting with the top bolt for about an hour I realized that if I take the tire off and get a 6" extension that this would work...what do yea know it did! Popped right off real easy.
So I took it in and had them test it three times. Only passed one of the three times. Kept getting the same thing that I did when it was on the truck, would smack open and just sit there. So I went out side and pulled the plunger out and to my amazement the solenoid contacts where in excellent condition and the plunger was the same so I put it back together and had them test it again. (after cleaning the contacts/plunger up a bit). Same thing happened so I said to hell with it!
Got a new starter with a lifetime warranty for $100, slapped it on and she fired right up! Good as new!
So in the end I guess that starter just died on me, last time I will have to pay for it while I own the truck so I'm golden!

Old 07-10-2013, 08:03 AM
Dber
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old starter was worn out. Probably original. Great to hear you've solved the problem.
Have a great day and happy motoring...

Quick Reply: I am lost...