2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Transmission issues-help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 09:57 PM
dak4.7
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission issues-help!

I have an 02 4.7l 4 sp w/od 4x2 Dakota. Automatic transmission. The truck only has 59,000 miles on it. I have 245/70/16 tires. It has a Gibson Dual exhaust. I can't figure out what is wrong with it, but the transmission shifts very poorly into second gear. Only second gear. Only on the up-shift. I also only notice it when I am not accelerating quickly. It just feels like a rough shift, and sometimes it makes a noise. It is not slipping, just shifting really roughly. I took it to my garage and they couldn't find anything wrong with it. They changed trans fluid. I believe they checked the gearing but I can't be sure. (3.92 gears) I am a 16 year old who can do basic stuff but I am really interested in learning how to do my own work, so if someone can walk me through something that needs to be checked that would be really cool. Just want my truck fixed. If you need any more info just ask, just looking for ideas as to what it could be. Thanks so much.

Last edited by dak4.7; 07-07-2013 at 10:04 PM.

Quick Reply: Transmission issues-help!