2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

quick repair truck

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2013 | 05:09 PM
BlackTrim211
|
Rookie

i'm going tomorrow for the last fender, then it's putting it all together, changing my clutch, and that's that she'll be on the road, I have to get the steering shaft to extend still also.

Old 08-07-2013 | 04:18 PM
BlackTrim211
|
Rookie

Right well after dealing with two weeks of bull****, fenders are painted, passenger side is on, the old drivers side fender is half off, and that's about it. I hate when life gets to busy. but as promised i'm posting pics of the steering shaft before I took it off, you'll see where it unbolts. The new one is jammed down by where it attaches to the steering box, so i'll be playing with that tomorrow if I can. Weather has been ****ty here lately!

Old 08-08-2013 | 08:47 AM
Raydaj
Amateur

Yeah weather here hasn't been the greatest either... but I'm still hoping to attack my steering shaft at some point in the near future, I'm still looking forward to those pics!

Old 09-07-2013 | 08:33 PM
BlackTrim211
|
Rookie

Alright, time for an update.... So the Steering shaft is in, put it in a vice hit the knuckle that connects to the steering box with a 4 pounder and it came free, the clutch got put in today seven hours later. come to find out my throw out barring was put in wrong when the last owner ( a 70 year old grandmother) had the clutch kit redone causing it to ware funny and snap in half. so as a recap. Both front fenders, coolant over flow tank, front bumper, driver side headlight, clutch kit, leaf spring shackle, clutch master cyl. , cluch slave cyl. , have all been replaced. The front Bumper cover has been fixed and it's gotten a full tune up. now i'll spend the next few days putting it all back togeather, I've got two body issues to weld and then it'll be good to go for inspection. I'll post all the pic's I have when it's done and once it's driving again.

Quick Reply: quick repair truck