2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Another Problem Solved

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 06:35 PM
Ol' Fart
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Another Problem Solved

I thought I would share a small success story with you. I know that some of you have had similar problems with your beloved Dakotas. My truck began to just quit running while I was driving it. It didn't matter whether I was at a stop sign with the truck idling, or driving down the road at 50+ mph the engine would just randomly die. It would always restart. I researched here and some stated the fuel pump could be he cause, but I checked the pump and it seemed to be working properly. Since I had had some issues with relays going bad lately (changed out two), I thought I would change the fuel pump relay. Since that change, the truck hasn't quit once. I have driven it multiple times without issue. Apparently that relay was having some type of a random issue. I thought this may be something that some have overlooked checking and a cheap fix. Now I can focus on some other issues my truck is experiencing.

Old 07-25-2013, 06:39 PM
bpark8824
Champion

Nice. Something to keep in mind if others have the same issue. It would be a shame to go and replace the entire pump if all it need was a new relay...

Old 07-25-2013, 06:42 PM
Ol' Fart
Amateur

That was my thinking. A relay is a whole lot less expensive than a fuel pump assembly.

Old 07-25-2013, 07:05 PM
bpark8824
Champion

And a hell of a lot easier to change.

Quick Reply: Another Problem Solved