2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Hemi swap? SERIOUS TOPIC

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 10:30 AM
SeanBoyer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hemi swap? SERIOUS TOPIC

This is a serious topic I know its been done but Im hoping its possible too get some more Info before I try this... With the new modern hemi being in pretty much everything I want too know if I can actually fit this in a single cab Dakota 2wd... ive seen the new 392 and 426 HEMI and I would LOVE too swap one of these animals into a Dakota but ive only seen this done once if I do this I want too use the 6 speed and is it even possible ive had the idea of finding a wrecked challenger or charger and pulling the motor tranny fuel pump and etc for the swap but in all my research ive only seen people do a 5.7 or 6.1 in a Durango is there a reason for this? also with the 392 or 426 hemi what needs too be done as far as mounts and etc for a swap like this

Old 07-31-2013, 09:57 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Problem with newer bigger v8's is all the crap that comes with them. All new mounts for engine and tranny,drive shaft,all engine wiring. Also everything is now electronic like the gas pedal. You have to make sure you have all the clearances for everything. You are talking about some serious money. While it would be cool, it wouldnt ever pay off.

Old 08-01-2013, 08:53 AM
SeanBoyer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im not really worried about the wiring part of it so much im in the process of getting my ASE Master certification for automotive so I can do a lot of the wiring for the using the wiring diagram from all data for whatever I pull it out of same with the Dakota but the whole it never paying off it kinda narrow minded don't ya think? yes its gonna be money but so is building any vechice the way you want it

Quick Reply: Hemi swap? SERIOUS TOPIC