2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Bad Rack, worn bushings?, 2 brand new tires, Toast...

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 09:07 PM
98DAKAZ
Champion
Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Yes it will give the 2.5 more power to the wheels without bogging it down something I have been debating changing but I don't like the look of the smaller tires in the truck

Tire Height Charts by Wheel Size

http://tire-size-conversion.com/tire-height-chart/

Last edited by 98DAKAZ; 09-05-2013 at 09:09 PM.
Old 09-05-2013, 09:53 PM
LosadaMichael
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98DAKAZ
Yes it will give the 2.5 more power to the wheels without bogging it down something I have been debating changing but I don't like the look of the smaller tires in the truck

Tire Height Charts by Wheel Size

http://tire-size-conversion.com/tire-height-chart/
I know the ones from my accord, you guys would say are a bit small, but trust me, you slap some of those on your dakota, you wont regret it, its a big big difference, and i told you guys i pushed it over 100 and kept going, even at like 80mph the rpms are still pretty low, so your highway speeds arent really affected, i lost my obd bluetooth device or id get you exact rpm/mph with the smaller tires sometime.

For instance ill give my Daily route to work as an example, All the office workers form a line to go the same route i need to go, so i need to get around slugs so i dont sit through a few light cycles, i dont run anyone off the road, i simply jump in a gap where someones goin slow, The snap i need to get up and goin with the smaller tires, is much better, these bigger tires make the truck very slow in this hell traffic i have to go through to get home

And i WOULD agree about the tire size if it were a 4wd or had a v8, but were talking a jeep 2.5 engine thats hella tough, just not strong enough to push the dakota around like i would like to, so the Easiest way to fix this problem is to run smaller tires, im sure the axle ratio could be changed, but i havent learned much about that, so i thought about that long and hard, and decided the smaller tires arent an issue because im not mudding or doing anything with it where i need a bigger tire...

EDIT: What i dont understand is the logic in putting the same 2.5 jeep engine in an extended cab dakota.... the single cab is slow enough, i mean, a 1994 honda accord almost beat me.... thats pretty slow imo

Last edited by LosadaMichael; 09-05-2013 at 10:06 PM.

Quick Reply: Bad Rack, worn bushings?, 2 brand new tires, Toast...