2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Infinity system and adding 10's

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 01:11 AM
joaodasilvalove
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Infinity system and adding 10's

Hey guys great site. I have used it many times but this time as a member. Here is my info and what I would like to do.

I have a 2000 dodge dakota ( love it) with the infinity system. My front two 6.5 are blown the back to are almost blown and my tweeters are also blown. Here is what I would like to do. I don't want to leave out the back seats so I found some 10's that will fit right behind the seat. They already come with an internal amp which is great because I want to leave the system intact and just add the 10's. so I am going to replace all 4 6.5's with pioneer 6.5's, replace the tweeters. I am also replacing the radio with one that will use iPods, etc. so nothing new to the infinity system but the problem I think I will come across is how to hook up the 10's to the radio if the other system is using the ports. I can run everything else to the battery and grind etc. but is there a way to hook up these 10's. I will post exactly what they are tomorrow. But I know that the RCA cables go into the radio and the power on cable also? Don't know if that is what it is called

Old 09-19-2013, 08:29 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Welcome to DF! Moving this to the Dakota section.

Old 09-19-2013, 09:25 AM
magnethead
Legend
Received 153 Likes on 140 Posts

They are an MTX thunderform or a clone thereof, most likely.

Crutchfield sells the adapter plates for the speakers, and the wiring harnesses. 300hz bass blockers are a good idea on the mid-range speakers.

My amps are under the passenger seat. I grounded to the front right seat retention bolt, and ran power from the battery, into an unused gromet in the driver's leading door edge, under the CTM, under the left door trim, then across the floor under the carpet, popping out the notch where the power seat wires come out, then above the carpet under the console. I ran the signal wires from the head unit, down the center stack, under the floor-mount cup holder, then diagonally from the cup holder to the amps location, coming out through a notch in the carpet.

Quick Reply: Infinity system and adding 10's