2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Not a dakota. Pricing help

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 11:13 AM
Brian in Tucson
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom A
A lot of shops around here either won't install parts not supplied by them, or won't warranty their work if they do.

It would be sort of like buying a steak at your local discount grocery store and bringing it to a restaurant so they can cook it for you. Let's just say they're not going to give you a free dinner if you complain that the meat was tough.
If I had a shop, I might install your parts, but you'd pay an extra charge for customer supplied parts.

I would suggest that if you don't like the price quoted, go to another shop and get a second (and third, and fourth) opinion.

My reaction to asking whether the quote is fair is that I don't know anything about Prius's, and there may be things on the car that require special tools, knowledge, & extra time. & if the quote is from a Dealer, expect the hourly rate to be inflated--new car dealers often sell cars at quite close to cost and rely on the shop as a profit center.

A new exhaust and cat isn't gonna be cheap, tho.

Quick Reply: Not a dakota. Pricing help