2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

1998 dakota 2.5 Bored .060 over, Trouble Code P1391

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 05:07 PM
magnethead
Legend
Received 169 Likes on 154 Posts

I don't think you have an issue. Without a wideband 02 it's hard to say, but I would combine an idle slight misfire and higher fuel use as lazy injectors, lazy O2's, or something in that realm. Anything ignition related would be through all RPM bands.

Old 04-15-2014, 10:13 AM
Bigboi407
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am gonna do the lapping compound, and see how the results come out, the valves just have buildup preventing a good seal on #3 and #4

I hear too many ticks which i dont like, While im typing about ticks, When it comes to hydraulic lifters, when you buy them in the store and check them out, u can prime them, pushing the inside all the way down and they spring back up, when i pulled out the ones i had in the engine, they felt locked and dont move when i push on them, i figured this is normal because the set i have in the engine is doing the same thing and these are all BRAND NEW Melling lifters, is that normal?

Sorry my Dakota has another issue

If i push in my clutch pedal while my truck is in gear, the pedal vibrates, if i put it in Neutral and rev the engine, the clutch pedal will not vibrate at all, And while its in gear, if im at low speeds it will not vibrate, so I suspect my clutch is bad, but idk im rather confused with that issue

Quick Reply: 1998 dakota 2.5 Bored .060 over, Trouble Code P1391