2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

70MM throttle body BBK, Item 7321

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 07:49 AM
EricBing
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 70MM throttle body BBK, Item 7321

Came across one for a $100 its a BBK 70mm throttle body is this a direct swap, says it is, also will i have any signifigant mileage increase and/or power..says up to 20 ponies, kinda skeptical here's a link http://www.carid.com/2000-dodge-dako...-10960552.html , any1 else have any experience with one of these?? I have an 02 4x4 3.55 posi lock rear end and turbo thrush muffler, no CAI yet

Old 12-17-2013, 06:34 PM
Vladek
Veteran

i have done anything with the throttle body. but if you can get for hundred, that is only a third of what car id charges. so if it doesn't work the way you want, you could just sell it and get you money back.

Old 12-18-2013, 05:26 PM
TheNewbie
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd be skeptical about the 20 ponies. It's possible I guess, but I'm guessing that would be at the top of the RPM range where we never really use our trucks. I don't have any experience with this in a dakota. But I had a Jeep with the little 2.5 4 banger and did a throttle body swap from a 4.0 Jeep engine and it helped a little at higher RPM. I didn't notice any difference at all just driving around town, but on the highway it didn't struggle quite as bad with the 33X12.50's that I had on it.

I picked up a few extra miles per hour for top speed for sure though. With that little engine and those big tires I was usually limited to about 65MPH on the highway unless I has a good tailwind or a downhill stretch. But after the TB swap I could ALMOST keep up with the 75MPH speed limit.

Last edited by TheNewbie; 12-18-2013 at 05:33 PM.
Old 12-18-2013, 05:35 PM
TheNewbie
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vladek
i have done anything with the throttle body. but if you can get for hundred, that is only a third of what car id charges. so if it doesn't work the way you want, you could just sell it and get you money back.
I agree. It's worth trying it out for that price. You could still just turn around and sell it if you don't like it.

Old 09-25-2014, 01:17 AM
EricBing
Professional

that thig is awesome love it better pick up responsiveness and puts ya back in your seat feels like a barrel muahahahaha, and i picked up an avg of 2mpg

Old 09-26-2014, 01:16 PM
jondakotaguy
Record Breaker
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

see now that is what we are missing the old 4bbl intakes.. that would be worth if the ECM was adaptive enough for all that increase in airflow and work like the old 4bbl did; as alot of the older engines that was the differnce between the HO's and the non HO's was a 4bbl vs 2bbl.

On my truck i just shaved off the air horns and i cna tell the difference on the highway and at WOT>...

TO be honest i was very skeptical at first untill the ECM adapated now the lower end ponies dont feel robbed as much like it did when i first did the mod.

Quick Reply: 70MM throttle body BBK, Item 7321