2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

shock touching upper a arm?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 04:33 AM
dakota5.9
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shock touching upper a arm?

Got to looking when i put a new drivers side cv shaft in the ny shock was touching the upper a arm. My new cv shaft blew out after 1000 miles. It has the t bars cranked with skyjacker shocks, are the suppose to be touching the aarm and would that have anything to do with ny cv shaft going out so quick?

Old 12-22-2013, 03:30 PM
jpayne80
Professional

As long as the control arm is not hitting the shaft of the shock it should be ok. My KYB shocks have the metal cover rather than the rubber boot and my control arm hits it a bit from the torsion lift.

As for the cv shaft going bad it is probably more due to the stressed angle of the cv shaft from the torsion lift.

Old 12-22-2013, 11:53 PM
dakota5.9
Rookie

Originally Posted by jpayne80
As long as the control arm is not hitting the shaft of the shock it should be ok. My KYB shocks have the metal cover rather than the rubber boot and my control arm hits it a bit from the torsion lift.

As for the cv shaft going bad it is probably more due to the stressed angle of the cv shaft from the torsion lift.
Yea its under warranty still just a pain to change. Anyone know the torqe specs for the axle nut?

Quick Reply: shock touching upper a arm?