2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

random click

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 05:23 PM
t.storey
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default random click

so today i backed out of a parking spot and shifted down to neutral, then into drive and found out the truck had shut off. its done this before but i shifted from drive to neutral to drive and it shut off the last time. i was told to check my iac after the first time but still havnt. but to the reason for the title. after i started the truck and drove away (always starts right back up) i noticed a click. shortly after it driving it disappeared. right now i just went outside and started my truck to move it and it had a louder click, it sounds like an exhaust leak but im wondering if it could be my torque convertor since i was still barely coasting backwards when i put it into drive and it shut off. i just read about a sensor or something that will cause it to shut off if you shift and the torque convertor wont unlock. the truck is a 3.9, auto.

Old 02-07-2014, 11:03 AM
Robbadodge
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are going to have to get some audio of this sound you speak of. Your interpretation or description may be way different than ours.

There are ticks and taps. There are squeals and squeaks.

Quick Reply: random click