2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

2000 Dakota lift kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2014, 01:07 PM
TheNewbie
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You don't need to buy new torsion keys. I put 1.5" blocks in the rear and cranked the torsion bars up front about 1.5" as well. The stock keys can take you up to about 2" without any major issues. But I personally felt like 1.5" was safer. Even with that I've had to replace the CV axle on the passenger side twice and inner and outer tie rod ends once in 2 years. The ball joints are on their way out as well, but it is a 150000 mile truck with original parts so that's a small part of it.

I run 33X10.50's with just my 1.5" lift. You may need slight bump stops to keep 33's out of your fenders. But that will be true with any lift other than a body lift. You could do a 6" suspension lift (which would be very difficult and expensive, but I'm speaking hypothetically here) and still rub 32" tires on the fenders if you don't have bump stops.

But at the end of the day we really need to know what you want to do with your truck if you want us to recommend the best lift for you. What is the purpose of the lift? Do you want it be able to preform a certain type of off roading? Fit a certain size of tires? Just look cool? Gain ground clearance? All of the above? Not sure?

Old 05-09-2014, 08:47 PM
DodgeThis01
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would you mind sending a picture? I'm curious to see how your ride looks. I'm now considering 2" instead of 3".

I use my truck for work and a daily driver so I want need the clearance and I want a beefy look

Last edited by DodgeThis01; 05-09-2014 at 09:01 PM.

Quick Reply: 2000 Dakota lift kit