2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

AC Blend door and cost to fix

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 11:27 PM
Dakota~N~Camaro
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default AC Blend door and cost to fix

My AC only blows out the defrost, I took off the motor that on the driver side of the HVAC box (the upper one toward the back not the heat/ac blend motor) It has a plastic wheel with a plastic arm that I have no clue where it went. there is or was 3 levers, one that moves just a little and seems to do nothing, another that will lessen the defrost slightly but turn the dash vents on, although they don't seem to powerfull, but a lot better than before. then there is one that broke, and it seemed to be in the middle of circle thingy.

Can anyone help me make since of all this. Looks like I could use a longer screw and some epoxy to hold on the lever arm that broke, but still don't know how it all lines up.

Every dang parts blow up I see online don't even have this piece so I'm really lost here.

Lastly has anyone paid to have theirs fixed, if so what was the cost.

Thanks

2002 Dakota Q.C. 4.7

Old 04-09-2014, 11:47 PM
KillerKilgore
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe try local junk yard. Call to see if they have it. Most will take out parts themselves (they don't have insurance on you if you get hurt on their property taking out parts) and let you know when to come and get it.

The one here gives a 30 day warranty on parts.

Quick Reply: AC Blend door and cost to fix