2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Rhino Crazy

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 01:50 PM
mitchm99
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rhino Crazy

So the bed of my truck is in need of some touch up on the liner. Not sure what the original liner is but I'm thinking I might as well just redo it with rhino liner. I also have a bumper from another vehicle that I think was previously spray painted as its chipping away and displaying chrome underneath. I saw another post and someone mentioned rhino coating their bumper which I think is a great idea.

And then I was thinking what else I could rhino line. I came around to the interior flooring of my truck. Let's face it, the carpeting gets dirty as hell, so my question is, are there any really good reason NOT to rhino line the interior floor of my truck?

Old 04-24-2014, 12:40 PM
daksnbeers
Professional

I did my floor with rhinos liner. I didn't like it as much as I thought I wouldn't care about the loss of noise and heat insulation. Long story short I put vinyl in after a few months of that. Better than carpet and bed liner.

Old 04-27-2014, 12:56 AM
thzpcs
Amateur

Are you only going for a spray in liner, or are you looking at drop in types as well? I've used a Dualiner for just about every truck I've had, and it's pretty nice stuff. As for the floors, I know a lot of people that have put liner on their floors, hell, I once saw someone who did their whole offroad setup in it! It was pretty hilarious. Let us know what you do!

Old 04-27-2014, 12:53 PM
01dak3.9
Veteran

You need to remove the old liner before you get new liner. I would suggest removing it yourself because the people that put it on will charge a lot extra to remove it.

Old 04-30-2014, 11:13 AM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Everyone does the herculiner and duplicolor diy bed stuff. Which is great for a budget but it doesnt hold up that well for moderate use or long run. I have a rhinoliner in my ram and its had everything thrown at it and still holds up great. No chipping or pealing since it was sprayed in 05. Lifetime warranty also. Granted it costs about 4 times as much as the diy kit but if you plan to keep your truck for awhile its worth it in the end.

As far as doing the floor its ok but id rather do vinyl(something replaceable if need be). If you do ever wanna sell your truck someone will see the rhinoliner and assume that it was swamped in water/mud at some point of its life.

Quick Reply: Rhino Crazy