2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

'98 Dodge Dakota interior parts exchangeable with...

Old 10-19-2014, 09:48 AM
Jnschult
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post '98 Dodge Dakota interior parts exchangeable with...

TLDR: Have '98 Dodge Dakota base regular cab need interior items (mainly seats) what year vehicles can I salvage (can I salvage Durango seats? If so what year)

Hey recently bought my first truck a '98 Dodge Dakota base regular cab. Some interior features have been just plain worn out, especially the drivers seat, so much that I wanted to replace the entire seat (back support broken, spring holes busted, more cushion in cab than in seat... Yada yadda.. Tried switching the passenger seat with drivers by swapping the chairs on frame (don't have to do that as they are mostly interchangeable), but I really want the seatbelt in its proper place. Unfortunately after taking the seats out the seat lower to upper frame bolts are stuck out of my means (pen. Oil + propane torch). Now I'm onto finding replacements and was wondering what vehicle models/years I would be able to look at (as I've hear a lot of durAngo parts are interchangeable. I had regular seats but have heard the bench seats used the same attachments so that would work too. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 10-21-2014, 07:15 AM
Jnschult
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Back again, hope in someone might have some hidden insight . My Haynes manual lists 97-99 Dakota and 98-99 Durango as "similar" not sure if that includes those interior features or what not. Hoping to hit up a yard soon and I want to know what to look for.
Thanks for your time.

Old 10-21-2014, 01:28 PM
00DakDan
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

The interior was similar through '00.

The styling changed some on the parts but they should fit, the seat and that. There are some changes to the dash and the console.

Durango parts would be about the same years as well.

NOTE: The quad cab doors are different size/shape than the regular and club (identical) doors.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: '98 Dodge Dakota interior parts exchangeable with...