2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

General Grabber AT2 vs. Nitto exo vs. Nitto Terra Grapplers

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 08:14 PM
bmsma
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just my thoughts over the last few trucks, just put a set of firestone destination le 2's on my 4x2 98 dakota, and while i havent put alot of miles on them they ride and handle nice, very please with this tire for a street truck. BUT in saying that my last 3 full sized trucks, 2010 titan, 06 f150, 01 f150, they all had nitto terra grapplers as the last set before i traded trucks, and as soon as i need shoes on my 12 ram nittos will go on her. the nittos are a fantastic tire, pricey, but damn good rubber. quiet and great all around wet/dry handling.

i feel the destinations will be a nice tire for a street truck, but nitto's will always go on my 4x4's

and like many i think Goodyear wranglers are one of the worst choices one could make. the current OEM wranglers on my ram are wearing un-even, and are noticeably wearing at 25k miles, and im **** about tire pressure and i rotate every 5k miles

Old 11-05-2014, 10:59 PM
Katmandu
Professional
Question

Originally Posted by dodgeramguy85
Gy wranglers came on our 07 ram. 13,000k on them and we ditched them. They were absolutely horrible. Almost lost the truck on the highway when the road was wet. Put the hammer down to pass a few cars and the rear let loose at 60mph.... I had to go change my pants after that
Which of the (7) Sub-model GY Wranglers did you have ??

Old 11-05-2014, 11:01 PM
Katmandu
Professional

Originally Posted by bmsma
and like many i think Goodyear wranglers are one of the worst choices one could make. the current OEM wranglers on my ram
Which of the (7) Sub-model GY Wranglers did you have on your Ram ??

Old 11-05-2014, 11:04 PM
Katmandu
Professional
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Katmandu
Oh! Wanna see something else about tires ?

Someone will say, "I have Goodyear Wranglers and they are awesome!"

Now, look how many DIFFERENT types of GY Wranglers GY has made over the years. There are at least 6-7 DIFFERENT tread types of GY Wrangers! No joke!

Look!

https://www.google.com/search?q=good...ed=0CAkQ_AUoAg
Well, I stand corrected !

GY has (15) DIFFERENT models of Wranglers!

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/goodye...year-tires.jsp

Old 11-06-2014, 03:51 AM
bmsma

my 12 ram has wrangle hp, i think the titan had wrangler sra but cant remember,

i do know alot of guys that run gy ta radials on street cars with great luck, but i have more cussing from any wrangler tire than not.

i cant say anything on general, i have heard they are a good tire but have never owned a set.

i have also ran toyo open countrys on a cpl 4x4 with real good luck, and i may be mistaken but i think i was told toyo owns nitto and its the same rubber compund but might be mistaken. i like the look of the nitto better was the reason i switched.

Old 11-06-2014, 01:24 PM
jondakotaguy
Record Breaker
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I can spin the tires on wet pavement if i floor it too ; but normal driving i dont have alot of issues with that unless its on one of those **** poor concentrate with slick stones showing.. i really give it alot of gas

Mainly if i gass it too much on a wet road turning a corner from one street to another.. but a light *** end LSD it did it with some street tires too. I dont think it really has anything to do with the tire as much as it does with the way the handling on that vehicle are and the road is wet. Any tire will spin if the amount of Torque overcomes the amount of traction on a slick road. lets be real here.

Quick Reply: General Grabber AT2 vs. Nitto exo vs. Nitto Terra Grapplers