2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Leveling kit for a 4x2

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2014, 06:15 PM
JDak02
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leveling kit for a 4x2

I would like to level the front end in my Dakota eventually, it doesn't look too bad the way it sits stock, but a truck sitting level or even slightly high in the front looks the best IMO. Has anyone ever heard of this company called Doetsch? They sell a 2/0 leveling kit that includes lifting coils, and front/rear shocks, for $225. Not sure if a 2" front lift will raise the front above the rear though, I'll have to measure the wheel wells. But here's the link:
http://www.doetsch-shocks.com/17.asp

It's part # 62038 for my truck. Just wondering if anyone has anything good or bad to say about this kit. I'd like to keep the ride quality oem or better, but retain the decent handling these trucks have.

If anyone has a better kit to suggest, let me know.

Old 12-27-2014, 09:55 PM
Katmandu
Professional
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by JDak02
If anyone has a better kit to suggest, let me know.
How old are your front shocks ?

I replaced mine this AM and now it sits up like a 4x4! My old front shocks were toast.

Just bought a pair of cheap-azz'd ones from Advance Auto On-Line for $44/pair.

Old 12-28-2014, 06:56 PM
JDak02
Amateur

Oh they are old haha, possibly even original!. 103K miles..they could be. The ride is pretty bouncy over bad roads. I may even end up just throwing some Monroe sensatracs all around and skipping the kit. The truck does need tie rod ends too, there's a bit of side to side play in the wheel, I plan to do all that at once.

Quick Reply: Leveling kit for a 4x2