2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

dead horse intake question, kegger mod

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 07:17 PM
bmsma
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dead horse intake question, kegger mod

need to fix the plenum have the hughes kit on the shelf,

98 dakota 5.2 4x2 bone stock, for now

thought about doing the kegger mod while i have it off or find another to mod and clean and then do a swap.

for those that have done the kegger mod what results did you get ??

also if anyone has a stock or modded kegger laying around they want to sell shoot me a pm before i hit the scrap yards and ebay

thansk
Troy

Old 02-25-2015, 01:33 PM
jondakotaguy
Record Breaker
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

If they sent you the Dorman kit i would Recommend you get the Felpro gasket kit and use that instead of the cheap Dorman kit they use..

Swap the intake gasket for between the alumn. plate and intake and the 2 gaskets that go between the intake and heads out for the felpro's.. Youll clearly see the differnce.. just use the rubber one's from the dorman on the two gaskets front and back instead of the cork felpro one's give you.

Much better quality.. the dorman one they use in the kit are china made and many have complained.. that's what I'm doing .. have yet to do it yet but next week ill be starting to bust it down.

Old 03-01-2015, 09:29 AM
bmsma
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks man, and yeah i have the felpro intake set sitting with the plenum, and a new set of felpro VC gaskets,

im alost thinking about going with the hughes intake but havent made my mind up yet

Quick Reply: dead horse intake question, kegger mod