2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

545 RFE Soleinod issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 04:02 PM
Kevin_T82
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 545 RFE Soleinod issue

Hey forum. I have a 04 Dakota 4dr 4.7L with said tranny. It's got just over 126K miles on it.

Back in the first part of December of '14 my truck went into 'limp mode' for about 2wks, the coldest 2wks of that month. I had a buddy that was able to barrow a diagnostic computer from the dealership he was working at. We can not remember exactly the code number it threw. But, at the time we researched it on a 'Mechanic's only Fix site' the code came to say the shift solenoid pack was bad. Then, suddenly it was shifting fine for about 3wks durning a relatively mild temp stretch for Dec in mid Illinois.

Then we got another cold blast around the first part of January '15. It went back into 'limp mode.'

Today I was able to replace the old solenoid pack with a brand new OME part. So it's got new fluid, filters, gasket and solenoid.

I started it up ran threw the gears manually twice before actually driving it, check engine light was off. Started down the road; light came on, it started driving funny..didn't think much of it. I just figured it was redistributing the fluid.

However, it didn't ever shift right so its back in 'limp mode.' Does the code actually need to be cleared by the diagnostics computer? What are my other options from here? Thanks in advance.

Kevin

Quick Reply: 545 RFE Soleinod issue