2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Half window leaking

Old 06-05-2015, 09:10 AM
jondakotaguy
Record Breaker
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Half window leaking

Hey guys just got a question..

I recently fixed a major leak by replacing back glass; but also had noticed both half glasses on my club cab leaking from the top...

well all this rain in Tx if i park flat i'm still getting a little water from the back other wise its being absorbed back there..

Short version is only thing i can find is the new seals i got from parts dealer (Online Dealer) seemed to allow moisture between the seal and the window like its not sealing good..

these are brand new seals.... trying to get this fixed.. any ideas or suggestions.. everything looks as it should and there are no adjustments.

Last edited by jondakotaguy; 06-05-2015 at 10:02 AM.
Old 06-05-2015, 08:29 PM
01SilverCC
Record Breaker
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Was it an online Mopar or Dodge parts seller? Are the new seals genuine Mopar? If not, it could be they sold you an ill-fitting aftermarket seal. I have no problems with aftermarket engine parts, shocks, suspension, tires or whatever else but have not been impressed at all with aftermarket body parts. The body shop that fixed my truck after I was in an accident in 2010 put on an aftermarket grille that did not fit right at all. It stuck out at the bottom and made the front end look real bad. I complained about it and they ordered a genuine Dodge grille that fit fine, exactly like the factory grille.

Other than possible off-quality parts it might help to spray the new seals with silicone grease. It helps keep them pliable so they seal better. I put silicone on all of my door seals every so often to help keep out noise, wind and water. Not long ago I had moisture collecting on the inside of my right rear half glass, I removed the trim and saw where just a small amount of water had traced down the metal of the panel, so I filled in the gap where the two ends of the seal meet up with Permatex black sealant and the window has been clear ever since then.

Jimmy

Old 06-05-2015, 09:37 PM
jondakotaguy
Record Breaker
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Yes got from mopar dealer.. ill look into that suggestion

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Half window leaking