2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

No Heat

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 03:25 PM
Hunter74
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Heat

I have a 1998 Dakota with the Magnum V6. And this morning was only blowing luke warm air. The temp of the truck still comes to just past the 3/4 mark which it has always done. But it has always blown hot air. The thing differen to my truck, is someone backed into the side of it. Hitting only the bumper. But it shoved the bumper up and towards the passenger side more. Damage behind it was brackets, i think he saids the bottom part of the rad supports, some inner fender damage and the back of the headlamp was cracked.
So they put all these parts in did some straightening behind and done. But now it doesnt blow hot air. So was wondering if there was anything behind the bumper that could cause this like some sort of heater or something. Or if it just a regular old thermostat and just a coincidence that I got hit and now my heater doesn't blow hot air.
Also I can't remember from other vehicles I have drove. But as soon as I turn the truck off the luke warm instantly changes to cold. I figured cause the truck was still hot it would still blow warm air.
Thanks in advance for all answers.

Quick Reply: No Heat