2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Transfer case swap, electric to manual

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 01:51 PM
reedytlr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transfer case swap, electric to manual

Hey guys, new member here. I haven't ever really messed with Dodge vehicles, but I am doing some work to one for a friend of mine. He had a 2000 model that he wrecked, so he bought a 2001 model with the engine knocking. I am just switching out engine, tranny, and transfer case from one truck to the other for him. The 2000 model has a manual shift transfer case, and the 2001 model has an electric transfer case. He's wanting to keep a manual t-case if it isn't too much of a pain to do. What all right off hand would need to be switched as far as the wiring and all of that stuff goes? I know a hole will have to be cut in the floorboard and all that jazz as far as getting the linkages set up, I just didn't know as far as wiring harnesses, computers, etc. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Btw, I have already pulled one engine, tranny, and t-case from the 2001 model, but not the 2000, so I haven't saw first hand the differences.

Old 11-06-2015, 01:55 PM
reedytlr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

also, both trucks are 4.7 automatics

Quick Reply: Transfer case swap, electric to manual