Go Back  DodgeForum.com > Dodge Trucks > Dodge Dakota > 2nd Gen Dakota Tech
Reload this Page >

looking for a new pair of headlights.

2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

looking for a new pair of headlights.

Old 02-16-2016, 05:20 PM
Dakotaquad
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for a new pair of headlights.

i have a 2001 slt dakota and i want to swap out the headlights cause might are just shot. so i was asking if anyone has any info about a good pair of one piece, or two piece headlights? i like the the original look just dont want the amber lense on the bottom. also when i order the lights i will also be ordering a retrofit kit to make them in to HID projectors. so any info you guys can give me about fitment of the lights and quality would be great.

Old 03-13-2016, 10:32 PM
427HISS
Rookie

Originally Posted by Dakotaquad View Post
i have a 2001 slt dakota and i want to swap out the headlights cause might are just shot. so i was asking if anyone has any info about a good pair of one piece, or two piece headlights? i like the the original look just dont want the amber lense on the bottom. also when i order the lights i will also be ordering a retrofit kit to make them in to HID projectors. so any info you guys can give me about fitment of the lights and quality would be great.
I'm also wanting new one's.

Old 03-14-2016, 08:32 AM
Dakotaquad
Professional

yea still havent figured out what i am going to get. cant decide on which ones are better some many choices out there.

Old 03-14-2016, 09:55 AM
427HISS
Rookie

I recently found and bought several products from AutoAnything.com and really,....like them. I don't know if I want the stock looing lights or go with the LED/Halo ?

The only research I've done so far are the Spyder, brand, and watched one YouTube video, and they may,....suck. lol

They look cool, but the quality seems bad and the turn signal placement does not make sense ?

Plus, I don't know if I want to do some added wiring etc,. just for the cool looks vs plug & play with stock ones ?

Halo LED Projector Headlights-GOOD IDEA OR RIPOFF?!?!!!!

Here's a page on YouTube-

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...der+headlights

Old 03-14-2016, 11:38 AM
Dakotaquad
Professional

well the halo i could careless about.granted do agree the halos do look pretty cool the part i really want is the projector for the better lighting. i also looked at the spyder lights if i was to get them i would be upgrading them to the HID retro fit kit to get rid of the standard light bulbs. the only problem i am noticing is on the spyder the projectors lenses seem to be a hit or miss on the quality. like some of them have a really good light cut off and some of them from i can tell have a horrible one. just havent seen any dakota with them to gauge them.

Old 03-14-2016, 01:46 PM
427HISS
Rookie

Have you looked at any other brands ?

I'd rather keep what I have and keep polishing the lens's one a year, than get something that's a piece of crap,... that also a pain in the but and not worth the money and work.

Old 03-14-2016, 08:57 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got these off ebay.. seemed fine for what I paid... Ran hids in them for a little till I sold the truck..

Old 03-16-2016, 09:06 AM
patchelect
Professional

If by shot you mean clouded over, there are products available that make polishing them to a reasonably clear finish rather easy to do. I've done mine a few times. They never were great lights, I'll agree, but I'm not all that happy with the options available either. And since I don't use my truck for much night driving I've learned to live with the limitations of the OEM lights.
However, I like the ones that dodgeramguy85 installed.

Old 03-16-2016, 07:06 PM
Dakotaquad
Professional

by shot the lights have a couple small cracks and are cloudy. but want to change them more for the cracks

Old 03-18-2016, 06:56 AM
patchelect
Professional

Got it!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: looking for a new pair of headlights.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: