2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Various interior (dash type) lights on when off

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2016, 12:55 PM
Kelli
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Various interior (dash type) lights on when off

I'm really hoping someone can help me. My 01 Dak has been sitting for a while and after charging the battery and starting it, and letting it run for a while, I noticed something I haven't seen before.

When I turned it off and removed the key various lights stayed on. Trip info, clock radio, brake light, mileage, etc. The whole dash wasn't on, only the bottom "row" was.

Any one know what might be the cause? I will say when I hooked up the battery the computer was chattering away and I don't remember ever hearing that before.

Thanks, in advance, for your time--Kelli

Old 02-17-2016, 04:54 PM
madclicker

I am not sure what gremlin you have but try old faithful, disconnect battery for a minute or so ,seems to help with strange electrical,

Old 02-17-2016, 08:16 PM
Kelli

Thanks. I'll try that, but something ran it down within 30 days last time. It was worked on and I'm wondering if they crossed something. If so, I have NO idea where to find it. The work they did was major. Yes, it is out of warranty. All I know right now I every time I turn it off I have to disconnect the battery. I would get a new one, but until I get this figured out it won't help.

Quick Reply: Various interior (dash type) lights on when off