2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

interior &exterior lights inop & service 4X4

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005 | 09:38 PM
striper
Default interior &exterior lights inop & service 4X4

I parked my truck at work and when I left work I found that my remote ands power locks inop. I also have no interior lights and no headlamps or parking lamps. Also the service 4X4 light is on. I checked the fuses on the side of the dash and under the hood. they're are all ok. I think that some sort of body module s the bed. anyone had this happen to them?

Old 12-01-2005 | 11:47 PM
jlutz751
Default RE: interior &exterior lights inop & service 4X4

I had the same problem...also I have the factory alarm and it would not disable. It was on a rainy day and I had driven through a deep puddle a little while before so I am assuming that it has something to do with moisture somewhere that it shouldnt be. I reset the battery and it resolved my problem. It happened again the next morning, disconnected and reconnected the battery again and it has worked fine every since.

Old 06-15-2007 | 12:47 AM
Teeny

I just read this post....and I'm SO glad I did!!! I have a Durango that has been doing the exact same thing, and I was ready to take it to the dealership. However, I just disconnected the battery, reconnected, and all is working perfectly!!

I'm crossing my fingers (and toes) that this fix holds.

Old 06-15-2007 | 12:57 PM
Teeny

Update: My locks and alarm are still working fine, but my headlights and dome lights are flickering. The Service 4WD drive has not come back on....

Any ideas?

Old 06-15-2007 | 02:18 PM
f0x672
Champion

sounds like a loose ground wire

Quick Reply: interior &exterior lights inop & service 4X4