2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

How much should I ask for he motor?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2017, 03:03 PM
HemiMoparGuy1981
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How much should I ask for he motor?

Hey Guys, Sorry, I posted this in a Jeep Forum, most of the wording it applied to Jeep GC's, but since it shares the same motor, I thought I'd check here for some input on the price for the motor as well. So please don't get upset about the Jeep talk, as I am copying/pasting the details, instead of rewriting it to be more pertinent to this thread.

A while back I bought a WJ for parts for what was my wife's current WJ. By the time I got everything said and done, my wife wanted a new(er) vehicle. so I went and bought her a WK. Anyway, I still have the parts WJ, and someone is interested in the motor, that is seized up. I guess their's isn't rebuildable and this one is. We haven't decided if I am pulling it for them or if they want to come pull it, etc. Either way, pulling it will be relatively easy, as I pulled the transmission and T-case out already for the other Jeep, and they want the wiring harness too (maybe theirs had a fire or something), so it just a matter of mounts and cutting ties off the harness holding it to the body and pull it all out.

I'm curious what you guys think I should ask for the seized 2002 4.7 motor and wiring harness, and how much I should charge for labor if I have to pull it out myself?

Old 01-08-2017, 03:48 PM
magnethead
Legend
Received 169 Likes on 154 Posts

500 parts and 500 labor would be my fair guess. Or 700 parts and 300 labor if you want to be more fair.