2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Getting these error codes 0645 and 1598

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 08:09 AM
Pete Monteith
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting these error codes 0645 and 1598

After about month having my 2001 dakota quad cab 2x4 4.7l my ac compressor went on me, so i put in the eliminater bracket in its place. Now months later im getting these two codes that constently keep coming up. Warm cold doesnt matter. I know it has to do with my ac and thats the problem i dont have it anymore. Any help would be great. Thanks

Old 01-12-2017, 09:31 AM
98DAKAZ
Champion
Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts
Wink

If you removed the compressor then just unplug the sensor to the dryer can and the high pressure sensor. Now at one time in the many A/C changes they made they removed both of these sensors and used one dual function sensor close to were the high side line exits from the condenser coils close to the top of your radiator unplug that sensor.

If that doesn't stop it all you can do is ignore it the problem is your defrost uses the A/C compressor to do its job as a window defroster so every time you use defrost it looks for the A/C compressor.

Old 01-12-2017, 09:44 AM
Pete Monteith
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info. I will check those sensors out later. I did turn the heater off of defrost and havent had an issue with those codes yet. If i dont get them again in a few days i might just not worry about it. Thanks again. While im on here right now i do have a question about my rearend. When put it in any gear from a dead stop if i give it say 1/8 throttle i hear a clicking noise. But it is only when i am parked and then move that this clicking happens. I can sit a stop lights and mash the gas all i want and i dont get the clicking sound. I dont know what the gearing is. All i know is theres a sprocket like piece on my diff that ive never seen before. I noticed it when i had to put a new gasket on. Is it a sensor ring or something. I was told that the rear end is a lsd posi. Is that even real.