2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

2003 Dakota window switches don't work.

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 08:52 PM
Harrison Grant
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Dakota window switches don't work.

Hi everyone, I'm new here, and I just bought my first vehicle- A 2003 Dodge Dakota Crew Cab with 4WD. Ever since I got it, however, the power windows will not work from the passenger side front and rear windows, or the driver's side rear window. They will only work from the master switch on the driver's door, and the window lock button is not on. I have no idea what to do. Any help would be much appreciated.

Old 02-28-2017, 08:05 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 346 Likes on 308 Posts

Pull the switches out and clean the contacts. Check and verify you have voltage at the switches. Test the motors and make sure they are working. Check all the fuses.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:50 AM
patchelect
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a childproof switch on the drivers door that is known to go bad. Somewhere on this site is the procedure to jump out the function. I did it on my '01 and it worked great. Originally the problem was intermittent but it became all the time so I searched and found the fix. Cleaning contacts "might" be a fix but from the thread I had seen the childproof switch is the culprit. It is highly unlikely that you have three bad motors. And you won't find voltage if the switch is the problem because its purpose is to kill the power to all the switches but the drivers side.

Old 02-28-2017, 12:24 PM
Dodgevity
Champion
Received 381 Likes on 342 Posts

Originally Posted by patchelect
There is a childproof switch on the drivers door that is known to go bad. Somewhere on this site is the procedure to jump out the function. I did it on my '01 and it worked great. Originally the problem was intermittent but it became all the time so I searched and found the fix. Cleaning contacts "might" be a fix but from the thread I had seen the childproof switch is the culprit. It is highly unlikely that you have three bad motors. And you won't find voltage if the switch is the problem because its purpose is to kill the power to all the switches but the drivers side.

I've got the same issue... same truck, sans the 4WD. The links are in my thread. Just haven't tried to fix it yet cause work has me so busy. https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...r-windows.html