No crank No Start - DodgeForum.com

2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

No crank No Start

Old 09-06-2018, 10:40 PM
Jtwes
Question No crank No Start

A freind gave me a 2004 Dakota Crew Cab 4x2 4.7 v8 . It will not start . When you turn the ignition on to try to start all you get is a buzzing noise coming from the fuel pump relay and the starter relay. Itís worth noting with the switch in the run position the Square around the PRND keeps going back and forth threw the letters. The odometer reads no bus. Any ideals or pointers would be greatly appreciate. I did unplug all the Crank sensor cam and throttle ps and map sensor one at a time . Tried to start but same thing.

Old 09-07-2018, 12:04 AM
magnethead
Grand Champion

The dancing square means there is no signal from the neutral safety switch. Likely same reason it won't start - no neutral safety signal.

NoBus is a communications error to the PCM.

Do you get 5 volts to the sensor wires?

Old 09-07-2018, 07:37 AM
Jtwes

I didnít check the voltage at the sensors. I was just doing a quick check to see if there were a short. Is there a simple way to check the park/neutral switch. Also would a bad park/neutral switch make the pcm read no bus. Thank you for trying to help me.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: No crank No Start

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: