2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Security system issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2018, 08:32 PM
GulfCoast WhiteBoy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Security system issues

I have a 2000 Dakota SLT 4.7L and the cabin lights flash of and on and the doors locked and unlock unless I pull fuse 13, which is my power lock dude, if I pull it then everything is peachy and I don't need a new battery in the morning, I don't know if it's the central timing module or if it's the bcm, I can't afford the bcm and my windows still work just fine, my fobs don't work so I'll have to get them programmed in so I can is the locks once I fix them, but if anyone has run into this issue before then please let me know, I do have Chilton's and Haynes repair books so I will be looking through both of them tonight for a cabin wiring diagram that might lead me to a solution, if I can't find out then i will suffer with using my key to lock and unlock the truck

Old 12-26-2018, 09:33 PM
magnethead
Legend
Received 153 Likes on 140 Posts

If the doors and lights are randomly activating, it is a CTM failure. The CTM and BCM are the same module, located in the driver kick panel.

Quick Reply: Security system issues